Urban Mobility Systems is a clean tech engineering company that enables zero-emission construction equipment and mobility solutions.
UMS, founded in 2016 by Lars Kool, is an OEM supplier of zero-emission powertrains for the electrification of construction equipment and vehicles with a focus on series production. Our customers are OEMs, distributors and fleet owners/operators.
Our expertise in battery-based electricity systems means that we are often called upon to support leading manufacturers and importers with electrification solutions.
UMS is contributing to the acceleration of the energy transition by providing quality, reliable, scalable and economically viable solutions. Because of our commitment to safety and quality, we have both NEN-EN-ISO 9001 and other certification, and we comply with both IEC 61557-8 and NEN-ISO 6469-3 safety specifications.
Our electrification kits make the zero-emission construction site for earth, water and road construction a reality: completely free of CO2, NOx or particulate matter. We do this by replacing the traditional diesel engine and using a unique interchangeable LFP battery pack from 130kWh to 200kWh.
Road transport has to become more sustainable, posing a major challenge for the sector. We offer a unique and widely applicable concept for a range of applications from 3.5 to 50+ tonnes of zero-emission transport.
Construction sites need to be equipped with charging points for electric machines. In this area, we offer the perfect selection of chargers and interchangeable LFP battery packs to meet any demand.
With the advent of electrically powered machinery, new technologies are emerging for which safe working according to NEN 9140 is important. With our years of accumulated knowledge, we are helping to create the next generation of EV mechanics with EV training.
COOPERATION & PARTNERS
- UMS works closely with OEMs such as Hyundai, DAF, Liebherr and Bobcat.
- OEMs rely on us as a fully certified organisation to accelerate innovation and expand their product range to include electric vehicles.
- Distributors who do not yet have an electric product offering but are seeing market demand for electric versions of machines can turn to us.
- Fleet owners use our electric powertrains to make their conventional parks more sustainable. We offer a highly cost-effective solution to take specific steps in the energy transition.
- As a member of the BMWT industry organisation, we offer added value in the areas of knowledge and training and provide a sounding board for independent insight and advice.
- We believe that it is important and necessary to share professional knowledge about working safely with high-voltage machinery. That is why we also work closely with technical secondary vocational education (MBO) and higher vocational education (HBO) institutions such as ROCs and the University of Arnhem and Nijmegen (HAN).
- UMS was chosen as one of the winners of the CES 2022 Innovation Award on the theme “tech solutions for a responsible future”.