Safety & Training
With our EV training courses, we help with our years of acquired knowledge and skills to train the next generation of technology teachers and EV mechanics. With the advent of electrically powered vehicles (E-vehicles), new technologies are making their appearance in the automotive industry. There are also new risks associated with this, which, if acted inexpertly, can lead to serious injury or damage due to dangerous electrical voltages of up to many hundreds of volts. For example, there are more and more electric cars, buses, trucks but also mobile machines (such as earthmoving machines). For these new techniques there are still few European rules regarding the safe working of these, within the Netherlands this has been responded to with the standard NEN9140 – safe working on E-vehicles.
The standard NEN 9140 is derived from NEN 3140 ‘Operation of electrical installations’. Special attention has been paid to the translation of electrical engineering practice into the automotive sector. NEN 9140 sets specific requirements for the safe working of electric vehicles by removing electrical hazards. In addition, the standard provides regulations for the safe storage of damaged E-vehicles and electrically hazardous parts of E-vehicles. In addition to the dangers that are also present in non-electrically powered vehicles, E-vehicles have specific dangers.
- The large amount of stored electrical energy in the battery packs;
- The higher contact-hazardous electrical voltages present;
- Potentially unexpected vehicle behavior such as unintentional movements.
It is important to train everyone well to work with e-vehicles. Together with a certified trainer, Urban Mobility Systems provides machine and vehicle-specific training that matches our system. In this way, everyone who follows our training is well trained and made aware of the safety regulations. Depending on the work, an employee may or may not do actions.
What do you learn?
This training ‘safely working on E-vehicles basis’ according to EV-VOP NEN 9140 is for technicians who need to be able to perform maintenance on E-vehicles in a safe way. During this training you will learn to recognize the HV components of E-vehicles and what you can and cannot do about this type of vehicles and machines. This helps you to better understand what the risks are, so that you know how to work safely with these vehicles and machines.
- NEN 9140 VOP, VP and WV
- Working safely on electric commercial vehicles, theory and practice;
- Fault search and measurements on E-vehicles and mobile machines;
- Fire protection, extinguishing training;
- Emergency training emergency services.
- Workshop equipment incl. the mandatory safety attributes and the use of the appropriate tools;
- CE markings according to the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and other applicable EU regulations for E-vehicles and mobile machinery;
- Safety cases according to the international standard ISO26262:2018 Automotive Functional Safety.