Have you been involved in developing and maintaining software? Can you convert the end user’s requirements into actions? Is your affinity with the clean-tech industry unprecedented and do you want to be at the forefront of the electromobility market? Our Software Engineering department has a lot of amazing challenges, are you looking for the next step?
Urban Mobility Systems is a dynamic and fast-growing company in the clean-tech industry that offers practical solutions for fully electric transport of people and goods. In addition to the development and production of electric vehicles for passenger and freight transport, UMS is also active in the field of electrification of industrial equipment, solutions for energy storage and charging. At UMS, we strive every day to contribute to the acceleration of the energy transition. We do this by:
- High quality (Automotive quality certification)
- Reliable (Redundancies / fail-safes)
- Scalable (No “one-off” projects but serial production)
- Economically feasible solutions (Also feasible without subsidies)
What are your tasks and responsibilities?
For our Software Engineering department, we are looking for a Software Engineer who can convert customer and market requirements into concrete software solutions. During the whole process you will be the point of contact for your colleagues from the Workshop and the Mechanical Engineering department. Your activities include:
- Create an overview of all vehicle functions, required within a project;
- Draft functional requirements on vehicle level;
- Find suiting rationale and source in either program book or sales contract with regards to intended functionality;
- Find applicable legislation and specific legislative requirements that form the basis of obligatory functionality;
- Create a functional design, including signal definition and transition diagram based on the functional requirements per vehicle function;
- Create and/or add the functional design for a single vehicle function within a vehicle wide functional architecture overview;
- Create design requirements that capture the created functional design;
- Match a created functional design to the implementation and its potential limitations and additional possibilities;
- Act as voice of the customer/user in the further process of functional decomposition, architecture setup, system level requirement definition, software definition, development and testing;
- Alter functional requirements based on expanded knowledge throughout an entire project.
Who are you?
To be eligible for this challenging and dynamic position, you meet the following requirements:
- You have a completed HBO / WO education (Technical) Computer Science, Industrial Automation or Electrical Engineering);
- At least 2 years of work experience;
- You have technical affinity and insight;
- Solution and service oriented;
- You are full-time available and live in the Oss area;
- Master the English language.
What are we offering you?
An inspiring work environment with the opportunity to develop within the company. This position is a responsible job within a fast growing and no-nonsense company. We offer suitable candidates a suitable salary and employment conditions that are in line with the market. In the first instance it concerns a temporary position with the possibility of a permanent appointment in the future. At UMS there is the possibility of a lot of personal input and you work in a team with enthusiastic colleagues.
Send your motivation in a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn Anjali Sital. For questions about the position, please contact Wendy Kool or Anjali Sital by email or on +31 85 130 00 90 or +31 6 18 05 98 64
* Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated. *